[caption id="attachment_5709" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Show me how deeply you can cut."][/caption]
For the first time in the 19 months I've been running RidiculouslyExtraordinary.com I'm looking for guest posts. If you're interested you have to read every word on this page and then follow a few very important instructions.I considered making this a contest with prizes and whatnot, but then I thought, "No, I only want submissions from writers who don't need to be enticed beyond the promotion they'll already receive."
So this is a Not-Contest. There are submission guidelines and rules, and your prize is being the first guest blogger here, with all the exposure, link love, and traffic that may come with it. You'll also earn my eternal gratitude for being a bad ass.
Here's the deal, I'm not going to talk about why I'm doing this (not just yet anyway), but I'm looking for guest articles for the dates of March 31, April 7, and April 14. These will likely be from 3 different people, but if you're on fire maybe you'll get more than one of the available slots.
It doesn't matter to me if you have a blog or website. Obviously if you do you'll get free promotion, but if not, I welcome your article anyway.
The Rules1) No opinion pieces.
I'm looking for fully thought out, well-researched, actionable articles. I write enough opinion pieces here for the both of us.
This does not mean you can't include your own personal stories or information about yourself that pertains to the article. In fact, this is a good idea.
2) You must read the two following articles:
3) Types of Articles I'm Looking For
Focus your article on one of the following topics.
4) Submission Guidelines
- I don't want article pitches with excerpts (like in Ramit's guidelines above). I want the full article, ready to go in both WordPress HTML (in a .txt file) and .txt (so I can read the article without HTML) formats. If I have to spend time formatting your article then you could be Stephen King and I'm still trashing it. (Great learning opportunity if you don't know how to submit WordPress HTML!)
- Article length doesn't matter, but 500 - 2000 words is more likely to get published. Write as much as you need to get the point across and then edit at least 20% of it.
- Grammar is important. Spelling is most important.
- Be sure to include your byline (author info) at the end of the article with a link to your blog (if you have one). Read Ramit's guidelines for info. Also include "This is a guest post from [Your Name] at [Your URL]." at the top of the article. Your URL should be a live link in the WordPress HTML.
No playing favorites. If we're friends or if we've had contact in the past you are eligible. If we've never interacted you're eligible. It doesn't matter what our relationship is, I want great work.
6) Submission deadline.
March 3, 2011 at 10am EST. That gives you 3 weeks to write and submit an article. Knowing the human psyche as I do, if you don't begin writing now you probably won't submit at all. Or you'll e-mail me after the deadline. Neither situation will get you published. Send the articles to KarolGajda AT Gmail with "Guest Post Submission" in the title. If you need to contact me otherwise please use this form.
Please ask in the comments below if you have a question instead of asking via e-mail or twitter. That way everybody else can benefit from the Q&A.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I don't know if I'll ever do this again because I write more than enough stuff to keep this blog busy. I'll explain exactly why I'm doing this in the future. March 28 to be exact. ;)
Odds & Ends
1) Luxury of Less is finally being re-released next Monday at 10am EST! If you've read it I would appreciate a testimonial or a review on your blog. If you haven't read it, you won't have to wait long --> http://www.LuxuryOfLess.com :)
2) Chicago meetup is next Wednesday (Feb 16) at 7pm. Gold Star Bar in Wicker Park. (No food there, so I'm up for changing the venue if you want to eat.) Get in touch if you're in.
3) Would you share this not-contest on Facebook/Twitter? It doesn't increase your chances, but it makes you instantly 73% more awesome. ;)